  • Sarah P
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2000
      Rusti----

      Yes, Yes, Yes! Berry College needs a seagull!! I think your common type of
      bird would be okay, I don't think it needs to be any particular breed or
      species. Melanie, the props master, says she's worked something out for the
      "just shot" bird that comes on stage, so all that's needed is a mounted
      bird. Because "The Seagull" is set in the early 1900's, a typical mounting
      of a standing bird, wings folded, would be good. But she has one question
      about getting the bird. Is the taxidermy a business? I don't know all of
      the rules, but she said something about paying with a credit card...I
      haven't ever heard of this being done very often with the theatre company,
      we usually get a set budget for each technical design project (costumes,
      set, props, sound, etc.) which deals with cash and receipts, but I don't
      know. None of the taxidermists in the area up here deal with seagulls
      because they just aren't very plentiful here, even along the rivers, and
      they're there only in the winter anyway. She's looking into places in
      Savannah, GA, but hasn't heard back from them yet. I need to know very soon
      if we can get a mounted seagull.

      ****Raven

      http://profiles.msn.com