attaching several rows of ribbon

  • ethnofusion
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2004
      I will be attaching 4 rows of ribbon to a skirt and am looking for
      the best and most effecient method. does anybody have any shortcuts?
      thanks
    • K Murphy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2004
        I usually mark either the top or bottom stitching line for each row of ribbon on the back of the skirt in pencil, then machine stitch the lines through (so they are visible on the face fabric as stitching lines) and dispense with pinning altogether. Just be sure not to pull or stretch the ribbon as you sew because it can cause puckering. Also, using just the slightest "zig-zag" stitch will also help to alleviate puckering. I would also recommend hitting the ribbon with the same heat and steam you plan to press the skirt with before attaching it to the skirt.

        Kate Murphy

        ethnofusion <ethnofusion@...> wrote:
        I will be attaching 4 rows of ribbon to a skirt and am looking for
        the best and most effecient method. does anybody have any shortcuts?
        thanks

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Sherman, Talley and Raymond

          Message 4 of 4 , May 11, 2004