Re: Trying to Find a Pattern

  • tjchatham
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2004
      > I did a search at Sewing Patterns.com but was unable to find the
      rugby shirt pattern. I do have a nightshirt pattern that I picked up
      the other day. It's pretty close to what I need. I think I can modify
      it for the army shirt. If I have to, I can make a pattern for the
      button placket. I'm usually pretty good at making my own patterns for
      some things. Maybe Joann Fabrics has the Kwik Sew patterns, they're
      owned by Hancock Fabrics, I think.

      > I really appreciate your help!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Michele

      Michele,
      Kwik Sew is also available on-line from hancockfabrics.com, if you
      don't mind paying postage, but I also ran across another placket type
      nightshirt from Butterick # 6885. I've made this one up myself (back
      when it had another #) and it's really "Grandpa/WW II" era looking.
      Do reenforce the stitches on the bottom of that placket though, or it
      can tear out on you (experience talking) when it's used and washed
      alot.
      Tess