Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Trying to Find a Pattern

  • Michele Milunas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      Hi Tess,

      I did a search at Sewing Patterns.com but was unable to find the rugby shirt pattern. I do have a nightshirt pattern that I picked up the other day. It's pretty close to what I need. I think I can modify it for the army shirt. If I have to, I can make a pattern for the button placket. I'm usually pretty good at making my own patterns for some things. Maybe Joann Fabrics has the Kwik Sew patterns, they're owned by Hancock Fabrics, I think.

      I really appreciate your help!

      Thanks,
      Michele
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2004
        > I did a search at Sewing Patterns.com but was unable to find the
        rugby shirt pattern. I do have a nightshirt pattern that I picked up
        the other day. It's pretty close to what I need. I think I can modify
        it for the army shirt. If I have to, I can make a pattern for the
        button placket. I'm usually pretty good at making my own patterns for
        some things. Maybe Joann Fabrics has the Kwik Sew patterns, they're
        owned by Hancock Fabrics, I think.

        > I really appreciate your help!
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Michele

        Michele,
        Kwik Sew is also available on-line from hancockfabrics.com, if you
        don't mind paying postage, but I also ran across another placket type
        nightshirt from Butterick # 6885. I've made this one up myself (back
        when it had another #) and it's really "Grandpa/WW II" era looking.
        Do reenforce the stitches on the bottom of that placket though, or it
        can tear out on you (experience talking) when it's used and washed
        alot.
        Tess