Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] cover letters

  • Jackie Mullen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2004
      Syrlog

      I don't have any good suggestions for cover letters,
      but your example of getting the job this summer with a
      theatre you worked for before is a success...in many
      cases that is how you get hired in theatre, for me in
      the 25 years I have been a costumer that is always how
      I got my jobs...either I knew someone working at the
      theatre, or i knew someone who knew someone. Do
      research on who is working at the places you are
      applying to...where did they graduate from, where have
      they worked before, find out if anyone you know or
      have worked with knows anyone...many times people will
      be willing to call in a reference for you. I always
      say that theatre is a very small world...if you talk
      with someone long enough you will find friends in
      common...and I know for me, I would prefer to hire
      someone who I know comes recommended from someone I
      trust or who has worked with that person in the past.

      jackie