Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Kokoshnik Pattern?

  • K Murphy
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2004
      Try this: http://members.aol.com/LiudmilaV/KOKOSHNIK.htm she gives nice directions w/pictures.

      A general web search for "kokoshnik" also provides a surprising number of hits.

      Good luck,

      Kate Murphy

      Spidra Webster <spidra@...> wrote:
      I've wanted to make a good kokoshnik ever since seeing some beautiful
      pearl-encrusted kokoshniks in a museum in Anchorage. (I'd admired
      them in the illustrations of I. Bilibin as well.) But I can't figure
      out how to make a pattern that will work, supporting that stiff comb
      of decoration. Does anyone know of a pattern on the web somewhere?
      Or a good enough description of construction that I can take a stab
      at this?

      (Let me say that I've never learned how to pattern draft and I have
      millinery training. I've made many costumes, but they've been made
      by seat-of-the pants modifying of patterns.)

      Spidra Webster