  • rermisch
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2001
      Hi!
         I have found some really good patterns for bonnets in the AlterYears catalogue.
      You can find them under suppliers on this web site. They are well recieved by
      everyone who has seen them and are fairly simple to make . They make your hats look
       as though you have really fussed over them but the actual execution is fairly simple though time consuming. Hope this helps.   Beck

      From: Manxminx@...
      2. Re: Digest Number 189
      From: Jeni <paquerette@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:25:49 EST
      From: Manxminx@...
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 189

      Hello all :-)
      I am looking for a good pattern for a ladies bonnet from the Victorian Era.
      I will be ReEnacting the role of Florance Nightingale for the Great Dickens
      Faire in San Francisco this holiday season and will need "proper
      accroutements" I will also be looking for a sensible pair of hightop shoes
      but I think I have those located at local place here in Santa Rosa. I hope
      all are doing well and sewing up a storm.
      Hugs
      Barb Giddings
      Manxminx

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:37:14 -0500
      From: Jeni <paquerette@...>

      Have you seen the "Victorian carolers" pattern from Simplicity? It's for
      a hoopskirt, cape, muff, and bonnet for ladies, and a waistcoat and
      collar (to put on a purchased overcoat) for men. I have the pattern
      here, mostly for the waistcoat, and I've never taken a shot at the
      bonnet, but it looks fairly simple.

      Also, I saw on Ebay, someone selling instructions on how to make a
      bonnet even easier than that pattern (says she couldn't figure it out).
      Sounds a little dubious, but her sample looks good.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1025677837

      Good luck!

      Jeni.

      Manxminx@... wrote:

      > Hello all :-)
      > I am looking for a good pattern for a
      ladies bonnet from the Victorian Era.
      > I will be ReEnacting the
      role of Florance Nightingale for the Great Dickens
      > Faire in San
      Francisco this holiday season and will need "proper
      > accroutements"
      I will also be looking for a sensible pair of hightop shoes
      > but I
      think I have those located at local place here in Santa Rosa. I hope
      > all are doing well and sewing up a storm.

      Hugs
      > Barb Giddings
      > Manxminx

      unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is
      the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

      -William Pitt

    • Manxminx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2001
        I will check out those patterns :-)