Re: Digest Number 934

  • mborzoi
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Curtis Kidd

      > While we're on the subject of dyeing, I've got a
      > question...and I'm afraid I have to admit it's about
      > something we've already discussed several times in the time
      > I've been on here (teach me to start taking notes when I'm
      > reading this list!!!) For one of our shows this summer,
      > the designer wants to take some women's suits we have in
      > stock (white) and dye them to a vivid rose pink. The suits
      > are a polyester/acetate blend. Anyone have a good dye for
      > that? I've not been terribly impressed with Rit's ability
      > to dye poly blends (except poly-cotton, and then only when
      > the cotton is the majority of the fiber).
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!
      >

      > =====
      > Curtis Kidd
      > "Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel could be you!"

      Have you tried the fabric spray paints available at the craft stores?
      I think they are more intended for floral arrangements. I've used
      them several times to "distress" fabrics, but they may also work for
      polyester clothing. I realise it will take several cans & you
      definately need to test it first, but it certaining worked on the
      polyester and acrylics that I've done light coats on.

      Michelle