Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Advice on Charges for designing

  • K Murphy
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2004
      Syl:

      Well...the kinda kidding answer would be, "I don't think you can charge for having the brain of an artist!" But I do include my "thinking time" in the "research" category, and I do charge for it. I just don't list it on the invoice as "Long hot bath with glass of well-aged Pomerol and 'The Busby Berkely Book' balanced on knees....$75.00"

      Kate Murphy

      sylvia@... wrote:

      > Great input. Just one question: How do you charge for the time your
      right brain spends designing? My best ideas come to me when I'm lying
      down or driving the car. Do you charge for those times? I'm kinda
      kidding and kinda not.

      Sylrog

    • Sylvia
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        From: K Murphy <costumerkate@...>
        Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:45:08 -0800 (PST)
        To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Advice on Charges for designing

        Well...the kinda kidding answer would be, "I don't think you can charge for
        having the brain of an artist!"

        I think that's a big part of the reason we as designers are not often paid
        what we are worth!

        Sylrog