Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Anglo Saxon super or over dress between 960 and 1090.

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2004
      Good Morning Linda,

      Try either http://www.regia.org/ and http://www.angelcynn.org.uk/ . The later is the best for clothes, but both are excellent research sites.

      Perhaps your reference was for a Viking/Norse overdress? Try these links: http://www.earlyperiod.com/articles/viking_overdress/, http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/qdirtyvk.html.

      Hope this is of some help :)

      Chris (VERY much enjoying the warmer NJ!)

      Linda Taylor <audreytaylor13@...> wrote:
      If anyone has any links to where I can find evidence that this
      costume actually existed I would appreciate it hugely. Other than
      books written in the 1800s. Those are usually pretty slanted by the
      Victorians.

      Because the Past is the Present and the Future too

      Our greatest glory is not in never failing,
      but in rising up every time we fail.
      Ralph Waldo Emerson