  • Jeni
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
      Have you seen the "Victorian carolers" pattern from Simplicity? It's for
      a hoopskirt, cape, muff, and bonnet for ladies, and a waistcoat and
      collar (to put on a purchased overcoat) for men. I have the pattern
      here, mostly for the waistcoat, and I've never taken a shot at the
      bonnet, but it looks fairly simple.

      Also, I saw on Ebay, someone selling instructions on how to make a
      bonnet even easier than that pattern (says she couldn't figure it out).
      Sounds a little dubious, but her sample looks good.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1025677837

      Good luck!

      Jeni.

      Manxminx@... wrote:

      > Hello all :-)
      > I am looking for a good pattern for a ladies bonnet from the Victorian Era.
      > I will be ReEnacting the role of Florance Nightingale for the Great Dickens
      > Faire in San Francisco this holiday season and will need "proper
      > accroutements" I will also be looking for a sensible pair of hightop shoes
      > but I think I have those located at local place here in Santa Rosa. I hope
      > all are doing well and sewing up a storm.
      > Hugs
      > Barb Giddings
      > Manxminx

      "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is
      the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

      -William Pitt
    • Siebel San
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
        > Hello all :-)
        > I am looking for a good pattern for a ladies bonnet from
        > the Victorian Era.
        > I will be ReEnacting the role of Florance Nightingale for
        > the Great Dickens
        > Faire in San Francisco this holiday season and will need
        > "proper
        > accroutements" I will also be looking for a sensible
        > pair of hightop shoes
        > but I think I have those located at local place here in
        > Santa Rosa. I hope
        > all are doing well and sewing up a storm.
        > Hugs
        > Barb Giddings
        > Manxminx

        I am not sure if it's the right style, but a newer
        Simplicity pattern (don't remember the number)has a bonnet
        in it. The pattern is styled after the cancan costumes in
        Moulin Rouge, but one of them features a bonnet. Check it
        out and see if it is close to what you need.

        Jessie

        =====

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com