[Fwd: Dating a 20s dress]

  • sylvia@ntw.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2004
      Sorry. I just realized the title for my message was inaccurate. I am not
      trying to date this dress. I already know if it from the 1920s.

      I have a beautiful 1920s dress i am considering selling on ebay because I
      need some cash, but it may be more valuable than I think it is. I'm
      putting photos of it up on our Yahoogroups site for the email list under
      "black/gold 20s dress" and "bird detail" in my album named Sylrog.

      The dress is a very lightweight black chiffon with 4 gold embroidered
      birds on the front. The embroidery is definitely metal but I have no idea
      of it would be made from any type of real gold or not. Does anyone have
      any knowledge of what kinds of metallic thread may have been used in this
      period?

      Sylrog