book recommendations please

  • harper_1_2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
      I am putting together a list of books for our local Arts center to
      consider
      adding to the library for the theatre group there. I already have
      recommended "The Costume Technician's Handbook" by
      Ingham and Covey (?) I
      would like titles of books on costuming, primarily, but other can
      also be
      considered. Thanks.

      Denise
    • Ken & Patricia
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
        My first post. Hi, I'm Patricia. A lot of these are OOP but you can find them. Search
        Amazon first. HTH

        Costume Construction by Katherine Strand-Evans

        Period Costume for Stage and Screen by Jean Hunniset

        Costumes French Female 1037-1870 by Wolfgang Wegeney

        Fashions in Hair: The First Five Thousand Years, by Richard Corson

        "From the Neck Up" by Denise Dreher

        Jacqueline Herald, _Renaissance Dress in Italy 1400-1500_ . The History of

        Dress Series. Aileen Ribeiro, general editor. London: Bell and Hyman, 1981.

        The Evolution of Fashion: Pattern and Cut from 1066 to 1930 by Hill & Bucknell

        Historic Costume for the Stage by Lucy Barton

        Check out Authors:

        Janet Arnold

        Norah Waugh

        Jane Ashelford

        Linda Baumgarten

        Avril Hart

        Nancy Bradfield

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2004
          Janet Arnold's books are wonderful. The other ones I find myself relying on
          the most are:

          Period Costume for Stage & Screen by Jean Hunnisett

          The Historical Encyclopedia of Costume by Albert Racinet

          Costume 1066 - 1990's by John Peacock

          Historic Costume in Pictures by Braun & Schneider

          Donna

        • randy keator
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2004
            If you run into trouble finding these you can go to harvestbooks.com and
            they can locate almost any book anywhere faster than Amazon as they
            specialize in OOP's