Resumes

  • David
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3, 2004
      After being burnt one too many times, I now ask to see a portfolio as
      a follow up to the resume, and cross reference the two very carefully.
      I have been stuck with people who "do it all", and it was only after
      employing them that I realized that they meant "do it all ... badly".
      What is that old expression? A jack of all trades, a master of none?
    • sylvia@ntw.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 3, 2004
        > I didn't mean to sound conceited but when you've been in the busines for
        over 25 years, as I have, one often has learned and done it all. I
        certainly wouldn't use that expression on a resume, but I am or have
        been a great designer and illustrator, a very good draper, an excellent
        stitcher, a painter/dyer, and a teacher. About the only thing I can't
        do well in costuming in the crafts end of the job, and I would love to
        learn more of that.

        Sylrog

        > After being burnt one too many times, I now ask to see a portfolio as
        > a follow up to the resume, and cross reference the two very carefully.
        > I have been stuck with people who "do it all", and it was only
        > after
        > employing them that I realized that they meant "do it all ...
        > badly".
        > What is that old expression? A jack of all trades, a master of none?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > To visit your group on the web, go
        > to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheCostumersManifesto/
        > to:TheCostumersManifesto-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • David
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 3, 2004
          I too have been doing this professionally for nearly 25 years, and I
          am happy to report that I neither know, or have learned, it all. You
          didn't sound conceited. It is just a phrase which I have I heard far
          too often, from those who have no right to use it. If, in fact, you
          have done it all, I congratulate and admire you.