Old Kenmore help

  • C
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29 7:45 PM
      Hey gang,
      I need help finding parts or an old machine for parts. I have an
      older model Kenmore serger #385 that needs one of the bottom loopers
      and a plate. The local Bernina store/repair place says it may be hard
      to find parts for this machine. The inside guts of the machine(since
      Sears doesn't make their own machines) is a New Home/Janome # 234 or
      334. I am going to invest in a new Bernina but just can't afford it
      right now, will be able to in about 6-9 months with earnings from my
      e-business. All I need are parts or an old machine I can use for
      parts. Can anyone help??
      Thanks!!!!
      CAT
    • randy keator
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        New Home was taken over by Singer years ago( I have several treadle machines
        and the parts are interchangeable)..give them a try @ singer.com
        [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Information Boulevard's Virus Scanning]
      • nanniemouse
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "C" <felinexus@y...> wrote:
          > Hey gang,
          > I need help finding parts or an old machine for parts. I have an
          > older model Kenmore serger #385 that needs one of the bottom loopers
          > and a plate. The local Bernina store/repair place says it may be hard
          > to find parts for this machine. The inside guts of the machine(since
          > Sears doesn't make their own machines) is a New Home/Janome # 234 or
          > 334. I am going to invest in a new Bernina but just can't afford it
          > right now, will be able to in about 6-9 months with earnings from my
          > e-business. All I need are parts or an old machine I can use for
          > parts. Can anyone help??
          > Thanks!!!!
          > CAT

          Have you contacted the Sears parts division? They might be able to
          help you.

          Kathleen