  • rermisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2001
      HI!
      The only way you can really shorten a sleeve on a sports jacket is to do
      it by hand. Don't worry about it , most of your well tailored jackets are
      done by hand rather than by machine. Just do one sleeve at a time so you can
      see how they have originally done it and just put it back the same way. I
      have found over the years that it is best to cut off the excess if it is
      over 2 ''. Also, sometimes the manufacturers use a glued in interfacing.
      When you are shortening your sleeve , you might go up past the interfacing.
      I would add a new interfacing even if it overlaps . The end result is always
      worth it especially whenyou are pressing the finished product. Hope this is
      a help. Beck