Shopping for Safety Pins

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2004
      > From: "CostumeShopManager" <costumes@...>
      > Subject: Re: Safety pins
      >
      > Tons of places. This is just a few. They all sell to
      > the public and ship all over the US. Prices vary, but
      > they all sell various sizes in 10gross boxes. The only
      > way to buy for a costume shop.
      > Richard the Thread 800-473-4997
      > Greenberg & Hammer 800-955-5135
      > Hammer Bros 800-321-2351
      > Ely E Yawitz Co 800-325-7915
      > Banasch's 800-543-0355
      > Manhattan Wardrobe Supply 212-268-1210

      Of these, I've only had a chance to really look at Richard
      the Thread and Greenberg and Hammer. G&H generally beats
      RtT on price, Richard carries a few more specialty items
      (like pre-waxed silamide, etc). I have no idea how the
      others compare in quality or price (which stands to reason,
      since I've never looked into them). HOWEVER---

      I have a (2 year old) catalog for Greenberg and Hammer...
      There are a couple of places where you can get the same
      bulk quantity (10 gross) for considerably less:

      Sew True 1-800-SEW-TRUE or www.sewtrue.com
      Atlanta Thread and Supply 1-800-847-1001

      Both of them carry the 10 gross boxes of #3 pins for under
      $27...within a few cents of each other, actually. Smaller
      size pins are cheaper. Greenberg and Hammer is almost $10
      more. The boxes are really the only way to go...I spent
      two years chasing a fresh supply of pins every two months
      (scavenging them off anything I could find, too)...then
      found where to order the bulk supply of them and have saved
      myself a HUGE amount of grief.

      =====
      Curtis Kidd

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools