Costume College 2004 information.

  • ni_teach
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2004
      Costume College 2004 information.

      Costume College is a three-day educational conference on all subjects
      relating to costuming and clothing. Costume College will be held
      July 30 – August 1, 2004, at the Airtel Plaza Hotel in Van Nuys,
      California. Costume College provides classes, programs, and tours
      covering all aspects of costuming. Costume College is produced by
      the Costumer's Guild West.

      Costume College will present over 100 classes offered by over 65
      teachers, all in three days time. Here are some of the course
      subjects we offer:
      ·Corsetry;
      ·Lectures on historical clothing;
      ·Mask making;
      ·Millinery;
      ·Needlework and embellishment;
      ·Theatrical costuming;
      ·Museum techniques and topics;
      ·Basic sewing classes;
      ·Pattern drafting and draping techniques;
      ·Make-up and hair styling courses;
      ·Fitting and tailoring methods;
      ·Ethnic clothing;

      In addition, you can shop in our Marketplace featuring books,
      patterns, trims, buttons, masks, and many other items to satisfy your
      hunger for hard-to-find costuming supplies. On Saturday night, feast
      your eyes and your appetite at the Time Traveler's Gala – our dress-
      up dinner dance, and on Sunday, attend the Sunday Fantasy Tea. On
      top of all this, you will meet hundreds of costuming enthusiasts,
      both professional and amateur, just like you all eager to learn and
      share.

      Memberships for Costume College 2004 are on sale now.
      Be sure and buy your 2004 memberships early before we sell out!

      For more information, write to: Darla Kruger c/o Costumer's Guild
      West, P.O. Box 3052, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-3052, call (626) 449-
      0665 or
      e-mail devinedwk@...
      Visit our website: www.costumecollege.org

      Admission to Costume College, Time Traveler's Gala, and Sunday
      Fantasy Tea are by pre-registration ONLY. Memberships and tickets
      are NOT sold at the door and attendance is limited

      These rates are good until June 20, 2004.
      Memberships/tickets may sell out before the deadline.
      Make checks payable to: Costumer's Guild West
      Mail to: P. O. Box 9185, Canoga Park, CA 91309

      Costume College Memberships:
      ICG/CGW Members $75
      Non-ICG/CGW Members $95

      Time Traveler's Gala:
      ICG/CGW Members $55
      Non-ICG/CGW Members $65

      Sunday Fantasy Tea:
      ICG/CGW Members $30
      Non-ICG/CGW Members $35

      Join the CGW ($18 one year membership) and take the member discount
      right now!