latex glue?

  • Sir Real
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2001
      Greetings - any tips on gluing latex rubber to itself? I've seen clothing made out of expanses of latex - and seen the rolls of dental dam material, a yard wide, which is probably what the designer used, at Canal Rubber in NYC. However the staff there didn't know of any adhesive to use with latex.

      maybe I'll resort to asking the designer when I next see her around - she makes beutiful bias-cut-30's style slinky things out of latex, as well as other things, it's Gaelyn designs.

    • Rowenna
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2001
        You don't glue latex or rubber; you melt it.  You need a special sort of thing akin to those vacuum sealers to melt the rubber.

        Rowenna

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2001
          Oh! Thanks. That's annoying! Do you know of a source of a melting wand or some such implement?

          On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:09:33 Rowenna wrote:
          >You don't glue latex or rubber; you melt it. You need a special sort of thing akin to those vacuum sealers to melt the rubber.
          >
          >Rowenna

        • Rowenna
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 18, 2001
            I don't, but I'll look around.  I will let you know if I find anything.

            Rowenna

            Oh! Thanks. That's annoying! Do you know of a source of a melting wand or some such implement?