Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Halftime fiascos

  • Maggie Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
      > > From: sylvsylvia.ntw
      > > Subject: Janet Jackson
      > >
      > > Anyone want to discuss Janet's supposedly
      > breakaway
      > > costume on the
      > > SupeSuperbowle., does anyone really think it's
      > possible
      > > her red bra broke
      > > away by accident, as she claims?

      Considering this is Janet Jackson we are talking
      about, I cant imagine that her costume wasn't
      painstakingly custom built for her. The cup of the bra
      came off too easleasily cleanly, in my opinion, for
      this "wardrobe accident" to be anything other than
      fully planned and staged. Additionally, she was
      jumping around during the whole number, rather
      vigorously I might add, and the cup didn't fall or
      slip of it's own accord, so it had to be set to come
      off at the right moment. I know I've had to build
      break away costumes before that had to stand up to a
      performer pracpracticallyforming ariaaerialnastics
      before it could come apart.....so I just think Janet
      Jackson has herself a clever stylist who made a fancy
      break-away for her.
      Besides, in all this, I'm just surprised how upset
      people are by the whole thing. It was just a breast.
      I actually have a theory that she did this to take
      some of the heat off her brother. I haven't heard a
      thing about Michael since the supesuperbowlat do you
      all think?

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/