Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] ElfEater

  • EMUKO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2001
      : P I know you , Elfie. Some of the best sergers I've ever seen were upwards
      of *cough* $700-$1000. *_* I've found some for as low as $250 at places like
      Wal Mart (hey, as long as they do what they're supposed to, ne?). I love
      sergers, lol. I'm a nerd. Talk to you later!
      ~EmuKo
    • Heidi Horan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2001
        Hi there. I use a serger a lot and I don't think that
        you can beat a Bernina, as I have had several brands.
        They are pricey, however; I bought my last one on
        ebay for $550; it was 5 years old, hardly used, and
        had sold new for $1999. A lot of people buy them and
        then find that they don't use them as much as they
        thought they would and are then eager to just get rid
        of them. Getting what you need and want is mostly a
        lot of homework but I wouldn't do without differential
        feed, which most of the machines in the last 10 years
        have. Hope this helps. Heidi Horan, Hatitude,
        horandesigns.geo@...
        --- EMUKO@... wrote:
        > : P I know you , Elfie. Some of the best sergers
        > I've ever seen were upwards
        > of *cough* $700-$1000. *_* I've found some for as
        > low as $250 at places like
        > Wal Mart (hey, as long as they do what they're
        > supposed to, ne?). I love
        > sergers, lol. I'm a nerd. Talk to you later!
        > ~EmuKo

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
      • GreyCat Designs
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2001

          *nod* DItto to what Heidi said.  If you're going to buy a Serger, do your homework, test them out, and get a *nice* one or else you'll have a bear of a time getting it to feed properly.

          I have a Viking model Serger, and love it.  It retails for about $1000, but we got it on sale around October/Nov. last year for about $750.00. Ours is a mid-range model, with some computerized functions, etc.  Keep your eyes and ears open, and don't be afraid to ask the retailers to let you try them out and play.

          -Laura

          (Looking for a good deal on an embroidery machine, next... *grin*)

            Heidi Horan <horandesigns.geo@...> wrote:

          Hi there.  I use a serger a lot and I don't think that
          you can beat a Bernina, as I have had several brands.
          They are pricey, however;  I bought my last one on
          ebay for $550; it was 5 years old, hardly used, and
          had sold new for $1999.  A lot of people buy them and
          then find that they don't use them as much as they
          thought they would and are then eager to just get rid
          of them.

          Laura Dake (greycatdesigns@...)
          NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. Yahoo! by Phone.