Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: What's everyone up to?/serger

  • Raun Norby
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001

      One last thing.  How much would a nice 'Serger' run?  The lady at
      the fabric store said $500, but im wishing to find one a little
      cheaper than that!

      My mom said that she got mine and hers (she got one for herself after she heard how much I love mine) for about $360 each.  It's a JUKI garnet line MO-644D and it is great.  I mainly use mine to finish fabric edges and of course for spandex/swimsuit fabric.  But, you can do either a 3 or 4 thread stitch and it has lots of tension and feed adjustment.

      Raun

    • Flapper Gal
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2001
        Hi,

        I've been lurking here a while because I've not got
        much to say ;) However, since they have beena topic
        lately and I've been looking at sewing machines - was
        just wondering if any of you have tried the White 1600
        or machines by a company called Juliet?

        Thanks for any info :)

        Moxie

        http://personals.yahoo.com