Re: Felt cornish miner's helmets UK theatre production any advice?

  • Bell
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      <judemunden@y...> wrote:
      I have seen some of the real things, the were made
      > cheaply in one piece felt, stiffened with resin (?) and had a lump
      of
      > clay on the front with a candle stuck in.

      I believe the origin of the hardhat is from the making of the errr
      Hoover dam in the year errrr. They was baseball caps and I know they
      was stiffened with resin. No idea if you was thinkling of stiffening
      in the same way but anyway thats how it was done.
      Good luck with which ever way you decide to make the hats