Re: What's everyone up to?

  • ElfEater
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
      Wow, i feel so out of place. ^-^ Here I am complaining that I have
      to find the right material for a little costume, and you guys are out
      making these awesome things! I know nobody really knows me on here,
      but I thought I would jump in!
      Right now, I am still fan costuming. But I hope this spring to
      finally come out with my own designs. It is just hard to make money
      right now, having costuming as my only income! (Being 19 is great,
      haha). Im also thinking about school. I would really love to do
      something in the costume/fashion world. But, design school is so
      much money. So, Im looking over my options and seeing what I can do.
      I've never been to a rein. fair. But when I move to the east
      coast, I hope to finally see one! I want to gawk at all the costumes!

      Thanks for all the help from before, I finally found hair pieces and
      a nice white makeup! ^_^

      One last thing. How much would a nice 'Serger' run? The lady at
      the fabric store said $500, but im wishing to find one a little
      cheaper than that! ^_^

      Christina
      http://costume.elfeater.com
      http://www.elfeater.com

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., Siebel San <siebelsan@y...> wrote:
      > Allo everyone!
      >
      > Just curious - what is everyone up to right now? I finally
      > just got a sewing machine of my own, which means no more
      > stealing my mum's. I am at college at Slippery Rock, and
      > there is but one fabric store in this two-light town. It's
      > very expensive though. The lady who runs it wants twice as
      > much money for the same fabric that I could get at Jo Anns
      > or Walmart. I haven't had any big orders lately, not since
      > the Renaissance wedding gown, just a few repairs and
      > alterations. ANYONE NEED A HALLOWEEN COSTUME?
      >
      > All the best,
      > Jessie
      >

      > =====
      > "I would die for you." -Kevin Costner, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
      > "I've noticed that famous composers in particular hang on for a
      long time. Deaf as posts, most of them, when Death comes calling. I
      expect some god somewhere finds that very amusing. It's their kind
      of a joke.*"

      > *And course, one that misfires. Deafness doesn't prevent composers
      from hearing the music. It prevents them from hearing the
      distractions.