  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2004
      > From: sylvia@...
      > Subject: Re: Digest Number 866
      >

      > > I found the idea of the magnets to be very intriguing.
      >
      > A big word of caution with magnets. We used one on a
      > costume for a show
      > in which an actor had to rip a badge off another actor's
      > sweater. It
      > really chewed up the sweater after a few dress
      > rehearsals. As I recall, I
      > think we had to buy a new sweater.

      Another caution that I just barely thought about...if you
      are using two magnets to attach to each other, as opposed
      to a magnet and a piece of metal, make ABSOLUTELY certain
      you've got the polarities correct or you will never get the
      silly thing to work.

      > From: "randy keator" <randolphk@...>
      > Subject: Re: Ordering Fabrics online
      >
      > Why not put these in a folder in the links or files
      > section and label it
      > "materials and sources" so it can be retrieved and
      > added/edited at will by
      > the group?

      I REALLY like this idea...as it is, I'm devoting a
      substantial portion of my email storage to hanging onto
      messages with all these websites listed...

      > From: "Allison Harding" <allicatdesign@...>
      > Subject: RE: pinnochio
      >

      > I have had great success with plastic needle point canvas
      > as a
      > "stiffener" or "interfacing" for ears/hats, etc. It's
      > washable/dryable/durable and easily cuts and sews to any
      > shape.

      I have used the same stuff for doing shoulder pads for a
      Frankenstein outfit, and for doing epaulets on a couple of
      different costumes. Very fun stuff!

      =====
      Curtis Kidd

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/