Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Ordering Fabrics online

  • randy keator
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2004
      Why not put these in a folder in the links or files section and label it
      "materials and sources" so it can be retrieved and added/edited at will by
      the group? As some of us deal with the listed sources we can add a comments
      section to rate their service and let others know what each source has a
      specialty or gives the best bargains and bang for the buck.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 26, 2004
        Ana ~
        I too, found the legal aspects of this tale amusing. But they
        frightened me also. I take your experience as an example and will
        be VERY careful in the future to watch my "advertising". Thank you
        for sharing this even if it was a nasty event.

        ~ Becky

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "icedance4me" wrote:
        Thank you for sharing the following information. While
        the "Ultra***" issue may be serious from a legal perspetive, I still
        couldn't help but laugh...especailly your comments at the end of the
        reply letter:
      • Rae
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
          I do most of my fabric orders online since Austin, Texas sucks when
          it comes to offering a good selection of fabric. It's nuts really,
          you can buy purple potatos and bananas the size of your finger but
          you can't find silk velvet or dupioni silk in a color other than
          white, red or green. Anyway, my two favorite shops for silks and
          velvets are www.hyena.com and www.denverfabric.com.

          Both are affordable, ship fast, their web page photographs are
          actually reflective of the fabric color and they are affordable. I
          love those of those shops. I also use Chris Alan (who has an E-bay
          store and I've seen on this site).

          Rae
        • Laura L
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004