Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Pinocchio

  • K Murphy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2004
      I took a cue from the "dangling" ears of Eeyore and made long, narrow ears of grey fur (lined with pink) that were cut so that they joined as a headband at the top center of the head and dangled down past the actors' shoulders (very good for a comic effect). They were secured with a narrow elastic that passed under the actor's chin from ear to ear. (Or you could buy some of those rigid plastic hair bands at the dollar store and attach the ears to dangle one from each end). The tails were slim tubes of the same fur with a small tuft of black fur sewn in the end. (The tails can be safety-pinned on or secured with elastic around the waist.)

      And they were so simple to make, you could knock them all out in an afternoon.

      Kate Murphy

      marty92029 <jsesto@...> wrote:
      I have to make 15 sets of donkey ears and tails. I was thinking
      maybe I would make knit headbands and attach ears. Not sure of size
      or shape of a donkeys ears or how to make them light and stiff. Any
      ideas?

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT