What's everyone up to?

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
      Allo everyone!

      Just curious - what is everyone up to right now? I finally
      just got a sewing machine of my own, which means no more
      stealing my mum's. I am at college at Slippery Rock, and
      there is but one fabric store in this two-light town. It's
      very expensive though. The lady who runs it wants twice as
      much money for the same fabric that I could get at Jo Anns
      or Walmart. I haven't had any big orders lately, not since
      the Renaissance wedding gown, just a few repairs and
      alterations. ANYONE NEED A HALLOWEEN COSTUME?

      All the best,
      Jessie

      =====
      - - - - - - - - - -

      http://phone.yahoo.com
    • Raun Norby
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001

        I am working on an original play and am delaying getting started on the purchasing that I have to do.  The director of the show is a loon, so I hate having to talk to him all the time.  Maybe this show I will get paid a little.

        Hope all is well in the cyber costume realm

        Raun

      • ElfEater
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
          Wow, i feel so out of place. ^-^ Here I am complaining that I have
          to find the right material for a little costume, and you guys are out
          making these awesome things! I know nobody really knows me on here,
          but I thought I would jump in!
          Right now, I am still fan costuming. But I hope this spring to
          finally come out with my own designs. It is just hard to make money
          right now, having costuming as my only income! (Being 19 is great,
          haha). Im also thinking about school. I would really love to do
          something in the costume/fashion world. But, design school is so
          much money. So, Im looking over my options and seeing what I can do.
          I've never been to a rein. fair. But when I move to the east
          coast, I hope to finally see one! I want to gawk at all the costumes!

          Thanks for all the help from before, I finally found hair pieces and
          a nice white makeup! ^_^

          One last thing. How much would a nice 'Serger' run? The lady at
          the fabric store said $500, but im wishing to find one a little
          cheaper than that! ^_^

          Christina
          http://costume.elfeater.com
          http://www.elfeater.com

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., Siebel San <siebelsan@y...> wrote:
          > Allo everyone!
          >
          > Just curious - what is everyone up to right now? I finally
          > just got a sewing machine of my own, which means no more
          > stealing my mum's. I am at college at Slippery Rock, and
          > there is but one fabric store in this two-light town. It's
          > very expensive though. The lady who runs it wants twice as
          > much money for the same fabric that I could get at Jo Anns
          > or Walmart. I haven't had any big orders lately, not since
          > the Renaissance wedding gown, just a few repairs and
          > alterations. ANYONE NEED A HALLOWEEN COSTUME?
          >
          > All the best,
          > Jessie
          >

          > =====
          > "I would die for you." -Kevin Costner, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
          > "I've noticed that famous composers in particular hang on for a
          long time. Deaf as posts, most of them, when Death comes calling. I
          expect some god somewhere finds that very amusing. It's their kind
          of a joke.*"

          > *And course, one that misfires. Deafness doesn't prevent composers
          from hearing the music. It prevents them from hearing the
          distractions.