Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Looking for paterns

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2001
      --- kitwolfdesigns@... wrote:
      > Hello, Im a costumer out in NJ and I am looking for
      > authentic looking
      > costume paterns but that are adapted to modern methods
      > and that are a
      > comfortable fit. Anyone have any recomendations?

      I haven't tried them, but Simplicity has a few Civil
      War era patterns that are supposed to be pretty authentic.
      You could also try FolkWear patterns. I think the address
      is www.folkwear.com. I haven't tried those yet either, and
      I've heard mixed reviews. But check out some of the
      regular commercial patterns. Some of them are very
      authentic looking or just need a few alterations.

      -Jessie

      =====
      - - - - - - - - - -

    • Siebel San
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
        Allo everyone!

        Just curious - what is everyone up to right now? I finally
        just got a sewing machine of my own, which means no more
        stealing my mum's. I am at college at Slippery Rock, and
        there is but one fabric store in this two-light town. It's
        very expensive though. The lady who runs it wants twice as
        much money for the same fabric that I could get at Jo Anns
        or Walmart. I haven't had any big orders lately, not since
        the Renaissance wedding gown, just a few repairs and
        alterations. ANYONE NEED A HALLOWEEN COSTUME?

        All the best,
        Jessie

        =====
        - - - - - - - - - -

        http://phone.yahoo.com
      • Raun Norby
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001

          I am working on an original play and am delaying getting started on the purchasing that I have to do.  The director of the show is a loon, so I hate having to talk to him all the time.  Maybe this show I will get paid a little.

          Hope all is well in the cyber costume realm

          Raun

        • ElfEater
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
            Wow, i feel so out of place. ^-^ Here I am complaining that I have
            to find the right material for a little costume, and you guys are out
            making these awesome things! I know nobody really knows me on here,
            but I thought I would jump in!
            Right now, I am still fan costuming. But I hope this spring to
            finally come out with my own designs. It is just hard to make money
            right now, having costuming as my only income! (Being 19 is great,
            haha). Im also thinking about school. I would really love to do
            something in the costume/fashion world. But, design school is so
            much money. So, Im looking over my options and seeing what I can do.
            I've never been to a rein. fair. But when I move to the east
            coast, I hope to finally see one! I want to gawk at all the costumes!

            Thanks for all the help from before, I finally found hair pieces and
            a nice white makeup! ^_^

            One last thing. How much would a nice 'Serger' run? The lady at
            the fabric store said $500, but im wishing to find one a little
            cheaper than that! ^_^

            Christina
            http://costume.elfeater.com
            http://www.elfeater.com

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., Siebel San <siebelsan@y...> wrote:
            > Allo everyone!
            >
            > Just curious - what is everyone up to right now? I finally
            > just got a sewing machine of my own, which means no more
            > stealing my mum's. I am at college at Slippery Rock, and
            > there is but one fabric store in this two-light town. It's
            > very expensive though. The lady who runs it wants twice as
            > much money for the same fabric that I could get at Jo Anns
            > or Walmart. I haven't had any big orders lately, not since
            > the Renaissance wedding gown, just a few repairs and
            > alterations. ANYONE NEED A HALLOWEEN COSTUME?
            >
            > All the best,
            > Jessie
            >

            > =====
            > "I would die for you." -Kevin Costner, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
            > "I've noticed that famous composers in particular hang on for a
            long time. Deaf as posts, most of them, when Death comes calling. I
            expect some god somewhere finds that very amusing. It's their kind
            of a joke.*"

            > *And course, one that misfires. Deafness doesn't prevent composers
            from hearing the music. It prevents them from hearing the
            distractions.