RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Medieval Clerics

  • Marc & Patt Queen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
      Lisa - this may sound a little off the wall, but have you tried looking into
      some Art History textbooks? The primary one I know of is by H.W. Janson -
      its a biggie & very expensive, but I'm sure your local library or college
      would have one.

      You might focus on the Middle Ages, & look closely at what the artists of
      the time were painting - I know there were alot of religious paintings that
      encompassed clergy as well as Jesus & the Saints. This won't tell you the
      fabrics used - but at least you could get an idea as to what the clerics
      wore.

      SUN VALLEY COSTUME
      Patt Queen, Costumier
      mpqueen@...
      www.sunvalleycostume.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
        > Hey all,
        > I'm taking this great fashion class at school, and we're
        > doing a "History of
        > Fashion" project. I was assigned the medieval era. I
        > have been through
        > many search engines and costumes.org and I can't find
        > much info on what
        > medieval clerics wore (I could only get basic stuff) and
        > I can't find
        > anything on the fabrics used.
        > If anyone has any info, websites, etc, I would really
        > appreciate it.

        I wouldn't say that this is the most accurate source, but
        some movies set in the Medieval era might give a little
        information. Don't know how accurate or if your professor
        will accept them as sources though.

        -Jessie

        =====

        http://im.yahoo.com