RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Medieval Clerics

  • Marc & Patt Queen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
      Liz - this may sound a little off the wall, but have you tried looking into
      some Art History textbooks? The primary one I know of is by H.W. Janson -
      its a biggie & very expensive, but I'm sure your local library or college
      would have one.

      You might focus on the Middle Ages, & look closely at what the artists of
      the time were painting - I know there were alot of religious paintings that
      encompassed clergy as well as Jesus & the Saints. This won't tell you the
      fabrics used - but at least you could get an idea as to what the clerics
      wore.

      SUN VALLEY COSTUME
      Patt Queen, Costumier
      mpqueen@...
      www.sunvalleycostume.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
          > Hey all,
          > I'm taking this great fashion class at school, and we're
          > doing a "History of
          > Fashion" project. I was assigned the medieval era. I
          > have been through
          > many search engines and costumes.org and I can't find
          > much info on what
          > medieval clerics wore (I could only get basic stuff) and
          > I can't find
          > anything on the fabrics used.
          > If anyone has any info, websites, etc, I would really
          > appreciate it.

          I wouldn't say that this is the most accurate source, but
          some movies set in the Medieval era might give a little
          information. Don't know how accurate or if your professor
          will accept them as sources though.

          -Jessie

          =====

          http://im.yahoo.com