Re: [TheCostumersManifesto]

  • tobytwoflower@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2004
      In a message dated 01/04/2004 7:29:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      lanorte1@... writes:
      I spilled candle wax on my favorite all-wool sweater. Any brilliant
      suggestions on how to safely remove it? I've iced it down and gently scraped
      off as
      much as possible, but it still shows. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

      Donna

      Hi Donna,
      I couldn't find any specific info on this in any of my knitting books, but
      found this possible solution:
      Removing Candle Wax: Using the back side of a knife, scrape the excess wax
      off the fabric. Place the stain between several layers of paper towel (or clean
      brown paper bag) and press with a warm iron from the back of the fabric. Move
      the towel each time some wax is removed until no more staining is evident.
      Sponge the area from the back side of the fabric with a drycleaning solvent or a
      waterless hand cleaner and rinse with water. Apply detergent to the stain and
      launder, using the hottest water and bleach appropriate to the fabric.

      Good luck,
      Jaye