Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] tulle skirts

  • surggj
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      yes , that is the way to make little girls unprofessional tutus.........but there are more patterns even now. I have about 4 or 5 of them for the non-professional and about 100 ways to make the professional ones. I even studied in Europe. They make theirs diff. than we do and then they sell them to professional ballet companies here in the US.......Isn't that a kick?

      peggy salvail <psalvail@...> wrote:The one time I made a tulle tutu they had you lay the layers together
      twice the with you want then sew down the middle twice making a caseing
      out of the tulle it worked real good and looked nice. I presume it would
      work with longer legenths I think it was a SImplicity pattern. Email me
      if you need help psalvail@... good luck Peggy
      --- ethnofusion <ethnofusion@...> wrote:
      > i would like to make a childs tulle skirt.
      >
      > but, I want to put on an elastic waistband as opposed to the ribbon
      > tie i have seen. does anyone have any tips
      > for doing this?
      >
      > i've done elatic waistbands before but for some reason doing the
      > tulle is freaking me out. i'd like to do the casing in ribbon and i
      > don't want the gathering stitches of the skirt to show.
      >
      > i'm probally making it more complicated then it needs/or want it to
      > be.
      >
      > thanks

      It is a heart inside which speaks volumes in an outside, silent shell........Glenda Sabo 2001

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        well it was for a little girl and it was just a costume for Halloween so
        it worked fine take care . PEggy

        http://search.yahoo.com/top2003