tulle skirts

  • ethnofusion
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      i would like to make a childs tulle skirt.

      but, I want to put on an elastic waistband as opposed to the ribbon
      tie i have seen. does anyone have any tips
      for doing this?

      i've done elatic waistbands before but for some reason doing the
      tulle is freaking me out. i'd like to do the casing in ribbon and i
      don't want the gathering stitches of the skirt to show.

      i'm probally making it more complicated then it needs/or want it to
      be.

      thanks
    • peggy salvail
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        The one time I made a tulle tutu they had you lay the layers together
        twice the with you want then sew down the middle twice making a caseing
        out of the tulle it worked real good and looked nice. I presume it would
        work with longer legenths I think it was a SImplicity pattern. Email me
        if you need help psalvail@... good luck Peggy
        --- ethnofusion <ethnofusion@...> wrote:
        > i would like to make a childs tulle skirt.
        >
        > but, I want to put on an elastic waistband as opposed to the ribbon
        > tie i have seen. does anyone have any tips
        > for doing this?
        >
        > i've done elatic waistbands before but for some reason doing the
        > tulle is freaking me out. i'd like to do the casing in ribbon and i
        > don't want the gathering stitches of the skirt to show.
        >
        > i'm probally making it more complicated then it needs/or want it to
        > be.
        >
        > thanks

        http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
      • surggj
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          yes , that is the way to make little girls unprofessional tutus.........but there are more patterns even now. I have about 4 or 5 of them for the non-professional and about 100 ways to make the professional ones. I even studied in Europe. They make theirs diff. than we do and then they sell them to professional ballet companies here in the US.......Isn't that a kick?

          peggy salvail <psalvail@...> wrote:The one time I made a tulle tutu they had you lay the layers together
          twice the with you want then sew down the middle twice making a caseing
          out of the tulle it worked real good and looked nice. I presume it would
          work with longer legenths I think it was a SImplicity pattern. Email me
          if you need help psalvail@... good luck Peggy
          --- ethnofusion <ethnofusion@...> wrote:
          > i would like to make a childs tulle skirt.
          >
          > but, I want to put on an elastic waistband as opposed to the ribbon
          > tie i have seen. does anyone have any tips
          > for doing this?
          >
          > i've done elatic waistbands before but for some reason doing the
          > tulle is freaking me out. i'd like to do the casing in ribbon and i
          > don't want the gathering stitches of the skirt to show.
          >
          > i'm probally making it more complicated then it needs/or want it to
          > be.
          >
          > thanks

          It is a heart inside which speaks volumes in an outside, silent shell........Glenda Sabo 2001

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
            well it was for a little girl and it was just a costume for Halloween so
            it worked fine take care . PEggy