Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] waterproof material

  • randy keator
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2003
      From: "Sylvia" <sylvia@...>
      To: <TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 9:56 PM
      Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] waterproof material

      > Is ripstop nylon waterproof?
      >
      > From: "clkbn" <CLKBN@...>
      > Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:34:42 -0000
      > To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] waterproof material
      >

      > I'm looking for a thin, waterproof material to use as a liner in a
      > costmetic/ditty bag. Not vinyl. Any suggestions on what to use or
      > where to buy it?
      >
      > Here's a tip I used to make waterproof bags for my show costumes; line
      your bag with ripstop nylon but go to a camping dept in almost any dept
      store and get a spraycan of "camp dry". Spray the nylon before you put it in
      the bag on both sides and let it dry thoroughly. the nylon will be a bit
      darker but it will stay flexible and its now waterproof

      > :
      > >

      > > .

      ---
      [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Information Boulevard's Virus Scanning]