Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Spinning

  • Judith Cataldo
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2003
      > There seems
      > to be so many more opportunities for these types of
      > events in New England.

      Then you need to organize some! I noticed there were plenty of fiber fests
      and guild meetings with speeches but no times to just get together and spin.
      I had always wanted to do something for St. Distaff Day and it happened that
      I mentioned it to someone at the town museum and the event was born. The
      first year there were 2 of us but since then there has been a growing number
      who come to spin, snack and enjoy each other's company. Same deal with the
      Spinning Bee. I pay out of my own pocket for the little things for door
      prizes and invite vendors to come for free to the spinning bee in exchange
      for an item for the silent auction. The money from the auction goes to the
      hosting site so we can pay our way. So, when you need a good event to
      celebrate your craft---just do it!

      Judy
      Oh, it wasn't me at the Strawberry Festival, that is someone else in town.