Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Joanns

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2003
      > In reference to costuming, I just want to ask if any of
      > you ever wear some
      > of the garb that you make.

      My mother in law and I travel to medieval faires to sell
      the clothes I make and the wool she spins. Most of what we
      wear was made by me, but this winter I am making us all new
      garb, so that everything we wear can be found in our shop.
      All my garb is so old/faded/torn/plain old ratty that I am
      too embarrassed to wear it. All of it is my original
      5-year-old clothing, my first attempts. I used to
      liberally lend my garb to friends, who were often larger
      than me, so a lot of my clothing is stretched out and
      doesn't even fit anymore. I don't want to wear it in my
      shop because people might look at my own clothes, see what
      i am selling, and wonder if it will look like that before
      long.
      I plan to put all my old clothing in a loaner box, and just
      not lend out my new stuff at all - I am sick of having to
      wash and mend every weekend! I can't wait to build a new wardrobe!

      =====
      http://photos.yahoo.com/