Re: fabric stores - Las Vegas

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 52 , Dec 27, 2003
      We've been laminting the demise of the "good" fabric store (JoAnne's
      turning crafty, etc.) It's true. I've seen a number of them go
      under. I found some that're still around and going strong.

      Las Vegas, NV has a FABULOUS fabric store that definately caters to
      costumers (hey, it's the land of glitter and shows, right?)

      http://www.heddysfabrics.com/

      Heddy's. On Charleston. When you're in the area, look them up or
      go to their site. They are VERY interested in helping professional
      costumers and folks just looking for the unusual fabric. I've been
      in their store a couple of times and they have wool ALL YEAR LONG.
      They have fancy sparklies I can't begin to describe! You just have
      to ask and they'll bring it out from the back for you if it's "off
      season". I'm sure they'd be helpful over the 'net, too.

      There's a similar store in Fair Oaks, CA that brought out binders
      with swatches from all their stock of wool and 100% linen (put away
      for the season) just for me to look at when I asked what they had.
      VERY nice people even though it's a "quilt" store they had a whole
      lot of non-quilt fabrics and very knowledgeable people. It's Tayo's
      Fabrics & Quilts 10127 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks, CA 95628
      Phone: (916)967-5479

      ~ Becky
    • Rebecca