Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Spinning

  • Cindy Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2003
      Great pictures Judy, thanks for sharing. There seems
      to be so many more opportunities for these types of
      events in New England. We muddle along in the midwest
      on a couple spin ins a year. Although there is a
      small core group now in my town, and we meet twice a
      month, just to chat and spin and knit.

      Cindy W in Ky

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • bearhedded
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2003
        What a hoot!!!

        I grew up about 1/4 mile from the Garrison House, and my
        brother, Dana, still works on the refurbishing of it!

        Teeny-tiny world!

        Scott
      • Susan Cassidy
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2003
          It is a small world! Judycat, you're in my back yard--I live in North Chelmsford. Might have seen you spinning during the Strawberry Festival on Westford Common some years back.
          Susan
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 28, 2003
            > There seems
            > to be so many more opportunities for these types of
            > events in New England.

            Then you need to organize some! I noticed there were plenty of fiber fests
            and guild meetings with speeches but no times to just get together and spin.
            I had always wanted to do something for St. Distaff Day and it happened that
            I mentioned it to someone at the town museum and the event was born. The
            first year there were 2 of us but since then there has been a growing number
            who come to spin, snack and enjoy each other's company. Same deal with the
            Spinning Bee. I pay out of my own pocket for the little things for door
            prizes and invite vendors to come for free to the spinning bee in exchange
            for an item for the silent auction. The money from the auction goes to the
            hosting site so we can pay our way. So, when you need a good event to
            celebrate your craft---just do it!

            Judy
            Oh, it wasn't me at the Strawberry Festival, that is someone else in town.