Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Beaded Fabric????

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 26, 2003
      We have some fabric at Jo Anns that sounds like what you
      are describing. It has tiny beads that are sort of glued
      to the fabric in floral patterns. Does this sound like it?
      Jessica

      --- themadcouture2001 <THEMADCouture@...> wrote:
      > Information please, if you know the answer. I am finding
      > a beaded
      > fabric product, (or so it is called beaded), but it
      > really isn't
      > beading. I believe it's a chemical process done to a
      > fabric to make
      > it appear like a very very fine beading. Quite often the
      > beading
      > look is done with several little dots together to look
      > lilke a small
      > clump. Does anyone know what this process is called, and
      > where you
      > can find this fabric? Thanks in advance to any help
      > here.
      >
      > Judy

      =====
      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2003
        I believe that what you are describing is called "caviar
        beading"...hope this helps you in your search.
        Michelle

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Siebel San
        <siebelsan@y...> wrote:
        > We have some fabric at Jo Anns that sounds like what you
        > are describing. It has tiny beads that are sort of glued
        > to the fabric in floral patterns. Does this sound like it?
        > Jessica
        >
        > --- themadcouture2001 <THEMADCouture@a...> wrote:
        > > Information please, if you know the answer. I am finding
        > > a beaded
        > > fabric product, (or so it is called beaded), but it
        > > really isn't
        > > beading. I believe it's a chemical process done to a
        > > fabric to make
        > > it appear like a very very fine beading. Quite often the
        > > beading
        > > look is done with several little dots together to look
        > > lilke a small
        > > clump. Does anyone know what this process is called, and
        > > where you
        > > can find this fabric? Thanks in advance to any help
        > > here.
        > >
        > > Judy
        > >

        > =====
        > Visit my website! www.geocities.com/imaginations_flight/
        > http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • themadcouture2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2004
          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle"
          <ponty377@y...> wrote:
          > I believe that what you are describing is called "caviar
          > beading"...hope this helps you in your search.
          > Michelle
          >

          > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Siebel San
          > <siebelsan@y...> wrote:
          > > We have some fabric at Jo Anns that sounds like what you
          > > are describing. It has tiny beads that are sort of glued
          > > to the fabric in floral patterns. Does this sound like it?
          > > Jessica
          > >
          > > --- themadcouture2001 <THEMADCouture@a...> wrote:
          > > > Information please, if you know the answer. I am finding
          > > > a beaded
          > > > fabric product, (or so it is called beaded), but it
          > > > really isn't
          > > > beading. I believe it's a chemical process done to a
          > > > fabric to make
          > > > it appear like a very very fine beading. Quite often the
          > > > beading
          > > > look is done with several little dots together to look
          > > > lilke a small
          > > > clump. Does anyone know what this process is called, and
          > > > where you
          > > > can find this fabric? Thanks in advance to any help
          > > > here.
          > > >
          > > > Judy

          Thanks Michelle. That's what I was talking about. I found that name
          on a bolt of fabric, but it was the only one, so I didn't know if it
          was a method, or the particular name for that fabric. Now, that I
          know what I am looking for, I just have to find it in lovely colors.
          I once saw it in a GORGEOUS salmon on Ebay, and was too late to bid.
          I'll never forgive myself for missing out on that. If anyone knows
          of any in pastels or designs, (Besides JoAnns black and white ones),
          please let me know.

          Thanks again to those who took the time to let me know.

          Judy