Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] New Poll

  • Ana
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
      Maybe I'm really dating myself and the fact that I live in a closet on
      the backside of the Moon, but how about a poll of who has even HEARD of
      most of those women? I thought all the spam about Paris Hilton was for
      hotel reservations....seriously!

      Ana
    • Sylvia
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
        I'm older than the hills, but when you turn to ET after you can't take
        another half hour of PBS' News Hour you catch up on all the latest gossip
        real fast.

        Sylrog

        From: Ana <yahoo@...>
        Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:27:01 -0600
        To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] New Poll

        Maybe I'm really dating myself and the fact that I live in a closet on
        the backside of the Moon, but how about a poll of who has even HEARD of
        most of those women? I thought all the spam about Paris Hilton was for
        hotel reservations....seriously!

        Ana

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        e>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • K Murphy
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
          Fortunately I have a 16 year old son to consult when I a list like this one comes along...

          And speaking of living on the backside of the moon, has anyone ever heard of a daytime reality show called, "Starting Over?" (It's on NBC at noon in Chicago, and it airs throughout the US and Canada). There's a lady on the show from Alabama (The South!) who wants to become a costume designer. She's been designing costumes for strippers and wants to go "legit."

          I had never heard of this show until a couple months ago. It is one of those "concept" shows where they have five or six real women live together in a house (here in Chicago) and try to start some part of their lives over.

          Anyhow, the woman, Karen, who wants to become a costumer spent some time with me. I'm not supposed to say anything else about this because it is a reality show, but some time in the next couple weeks you should be able to set your VCRs and take a visit around my little corner of the costuming world...I'll keep you all posted!

          KM

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
            How exciting for you! Can't wait to see your digs. It's always
            inspiring to see how others set up their spaces - great ideas. I just
            got hold of a digital camera and plan to shortly start a photo gallery
            of the work we do at Sheridan College, and will include shots of our
            new costume shop. We have been shuttled from pillar to post for the
            last 16 years, and finally have a beautiful, spacious, well equipped
            work area with WINDOWS!!!

            Congrats!
            David Juby
            Head of Wardrobe
            Theatre Sheridan
            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, K Murphy
            <costumerkate@y...> wrote:
            > Fortunately I have a 16 year old son to consult when I a list like
            this one comes along...

            > And speaking of living on the backside of the moon, has anyone ever
            heard of a daytime reality show called, "Starting Over?" (It's on NBC
            at noon in Chicago, and it airs throughout the US and Canada).
            There's a lady on the show from Alabama (The South!) who wants to
            become a costume designer. She's been designing costumes for
            strippers and wants to go "legit."

            > I had never heard of this show until a couple months ago. It is one
            of those "concept" shows where they have five or six real women live
            together in a house (here in Chicago) and try to start some part of
            their lives over.

            > Anyhow, the woman, Karen, who wants to become a costumer spent some
            time with me. I'm not supposed to say anything else about this
            because it is a reality show, but some time in the next couple weeks
            you should be able to set your VCRs and take a visit around my little
            corner of the costuming world...I'll keep you all posted!

            > KM
            >
            > Ana <yahoo@s...> wrote:
            > Maybe I'm really dating myself and the fact that I live in a closet on
            > the backside of the Moon, but how about a poll of who has even HEARD of
            > most of those women? I thought all the spam about Paris Hilton was for
            > hotel reservations....seriously!
            >
            > Ana

          • randy keator
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
                Sorry about the Queer Eye poll - thought it might be fun - evidently
                not. Had no idea people would react so negatively. Hopefully this new
                poll will be better received.
              • Heleen Greenwald
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 17, 2003
                  me too!!! LOL
                  I'm 48 (almost 49) does that mean anything???
                  Phillipa

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 18, 2003
                    I actually liked it - though maybe a little more
                    intergenerational would have been better.

                    --- djuby@... wrote:
                    > Sorry about the Queer Eye poll - thought it might be
                    > fun - evidently
                    > not. Had no idea people would react so negatively.
                    > Hopefully this new
                    > poll will be better received.

                    http://photos.yahoo.com/
                  • K Murphy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 25, 2003
                      I think I'm going to start appearing on the show sometime in the next week. Karen's already on (and already creating some controversy with her current mentor -- see the message boards "discuss the episodes" at www.startingovertv.com). Geesh...hope they like me better!

                      Kate