Into The Woods

  • djuby@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 16, 2003
      We are about to start a production of Into The Woods. In searching for
      a Rapunzel wig, I ran across a company online called Schenz. Just
      curious to find out if anyone has used them in the past. Any info, or
      alternatives, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • bleupirate@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 16, 2003
        In a message dated 12/16/2003 11:32:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        djuby@... writes:

        > We are about to start a production of Into The Woods. In searching for
        > a Rapunzel wig, I ran across a company online called Schenz. Just
        > curious to find out if anyone has used them in the past. Any info, or
        > alternatives, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

        Hi...try www.theatrehouse.com they have one and their prices are great...

      • David
        Message 3 of 11 , May 31, 2005
          There is a photo from out production in the Costumes: Sheridan College
          Music Theatre folder. It is the only one I have, although I will check
          to see if I can nab the CD again. Is there something that you are
          looking for specifically?
        • thejoshuagoldberg
          Message 4 of 11 , May 31, 2005
            Yes that's the photo i wa speaking of. The costumes and production
            look amazing. I was in a production of Into the Woods a year ago
            (played the Witch) though, by matters completely out of any one's
            control (except for the actor who played the Baker) the production was
            cancelled two weeks before we were to open. So to sort of "make up
            for our loss" some of my friends and I wanted to do a sort of Into the
            Woods theme for Halloween. I would like to get some costume ideas
            since the costumes we were going to use were going to be rented and we
            never even saw them. Do you think that maybe the one's you used would
            be up for rent or even sale? So any way to answer your question: No
            there's really nothing specific. I would be curious to see what the
            production looked like as a whole since just that one picture looks
            incredible. Thank you very much.

            Joshua

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@s...>
            wrote:
            > There is a photo from out production in the Costumes: Sheridan
            College
            > Music Theatre folder. It is the only one I have, although I will
            check
            > to see if I can nab the CD again. Is there something that you are
            > looking for specifically?
          • David
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1 4:28 AM
              Our production is currently out on rental until Labour Day. Depending
              when your party is, we can certainly discuss what pieces you need and
              when.

              David
            • thejoshuagoldberg
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 1 8:46 AM
                Ya know I don't even know when labor day is............ Anyway,
                yeah if I could see pictures from the show I could tell you which
                costumes I would be interested in. You can go ahead and send the
                pictures direct to my e-mail, thejoshuagoldberg@.... Now did
                you make these costumes, or were you involved with the show in a
                different way. Thanks again.

                wrote:
                > Our production is currently out on rental until Labour Day.
                Depending
                > when your party is, we can certainly discuss what pieces you need
                and
                > when.
                >
                > David
              • David
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 1 3:34 PM
                  I designed the production, and I also teach the sewing and pattern
                  drafting classes here at the college. Most of the pieces were made by
                  our first and second year students. I will see if I can pull something
                  together and send it on.

                  David
                • thejoshuagoldberg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 1 7:00 PM
                    That's great. Did you keep the whole production in basically the same
                    time period? I notive that a few productions sort of go for different
                    time periods with the different stories. I'm curious what your witch
                    design looks like (since that was my charecter). Thanks again for the
                    help!

                    wrote:
                    > I designed the production, and I also teach the sewing and pattern
                    > drafting classes here at the college. Most of the pieces were made
                    by
                    > our first and second year students. I will see if I can pull
                    something
                    > together and send it on.
                    >
                    > David
                  • thejoshuagoldberg
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 5 3:28 AM
                      Hey David it's me again with another question. How much is it to rent
                      out the costumes, and how long would we get them for? My friends and
                      I were wondering about the price because there is another site that
                      rents the costumes from the broadway production but they are really
                      expensive. Also I was wondering when you were thinking of sending me
                      the photographs. Thank you again!

                      Joshua
                    • David
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 5 4:33 AM
                        I cannot access the phtots until Thursday, so I should be able to pull
                        something together late this week. As far as price goes, the most
                        expensive item on our rental list is the Witch costume - it rents for
                        $30.00 per week.
                      • thejoshuagoldberg
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 12 11:53 PM
                          Hey, those prices sound great! Some of my friends that I have talked
                          to about this idea sound really excited. So what makes the Witch's
                          costume the most expensive? What does it look like? And would this
                          be the old Witch or the young? Thanks a bunch.