Bias Tape

  • Greycat Designs
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2001
      Hey all!

      I've recently started using bias tape to trim one of my products
      (http://www.greycatdesigns.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?
      UCIDs=657567&PRID=1012217) and have had great luck with the Coats &
      Wright Extra-Wide Double Fold bias tape that you get in little 2 1/2
      yard packages at the fabric stores.... but I can't help but think tha
      there has *got* to be a better way to buy this stuff. Can anyone
      give any advice where I can find bias tape in bulk, prefrably at a
      discount or wholesale?

      Thanks!

      -Laura Dake
    • mchieffet@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2001
        Hi Laura,
        When I had an alterations shop I had a few catalogs for tailoring
        supplies. Unfortunately these are all boxed up somewhere now and I
        can't remember the names of the companies. You might try contacting
        local alterations shops and asking for the names of the companies
        they get their supplies from. These companies often sell bias
        binding by the spool or reel. You can also make your own using bias
        binding making tools that you can buy in fabric stores if you need
        special colors to match your garment. They come in several widths.
        Good luck.
        Maurine

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., "Greycat Designs"