Re: Attaching Stones/Gems to Leather

  • C
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "R. Davis"
      <robdavis_55@h...> wrote:
      > I'm trying a new 'thing' -- working in leather. I'd like to afix a
      > polished stone or plastic gem to the thing but am a bit of a loss as
      > to what methods (other than 'hot glue' or super glue) that are
      > available(and that would look good --even close up).
      >
      > -RD
      RD,
      My BF does lots of leather work and he says the best way to attach
      smooth stones to leather is to sew them on. Either get stones with
      holes predrilled or go to a bead and gem shop that will do it for you.
      Another way to sew gems to leather is to create a washer out of
      leather to fit over the stone and stitch it to the leather creating a
      permanent "setting" for the stone.
      There are also lots of metal studs with the capacity to hold stones
      in them.
      Hope that helps!
      CAT
    • Joannah Hansen