can anyone help me date these garments?

  • kdeggy2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      hi i'm doing a project for my history of fashion class and i need to
      find out the dates of these two jackets (pictures below). we're
      allowed to use any resources we need to so if anyone knows the exact
      date it won't be cheating. anyways... one jacket is an orange
      givenchy, made of twill i think and it has brass buttons and it's
      mid length (below butt)... the other coat is a brown wool yves saint
      laurent coat that is to the butt or right above it. the color of
      the yve saint laurent coat is a brown velvet and it has two blocks
      of colored corderoy on the front. the brown coat also has blue cord
      around the sleeves and down the front zipper area. also the brown
      coat is from the bergdorf goodman store in new york on the plaza.
      also if nobody wants to give the dates or can't it would be greatly
      appreciated if anyone knows a place i could start looking for
      information as well. thanks a lot kdeggy2003...ok obviously i can't
      post the pictures but if these coats sound familiar or you'd like to
      see them you can just e-mail me thanks :)