Need some ideas!

  • Carla
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hi,
      Last year I was a scantly dressed cigarette girl selling drink
      tickets. This year I'll be selling 50/50 tickets and I'm think of
      maybe Ruby Keeler when she was in the chorus line in 42nd Street
      (1933). I have a pattern for tap shorts which I made twice and I'm
      think about it in either black satin or velveteen. I have a red
      sequined beret and a dainty white cotton button down blouse with
      eyelet detailing (short sleeve). Maryjane shoes for tap shoes and my
      black velevet jacket. I'de wear my page boy hair as usual and I have
      to make the tap shorts. I should also have seamed pantyhose, I
      guess. I'm thinking this is kind of conservative after last year!
      I'de love to do Jean Harrow and give myself another hair frosting!
      My hair is usually frizzy and I'de add lots of curls, but I don't
      have that kind of wardrobe!
      LMK what ya think.
      Carla