painting stretch vinyl fabric

  • DJCPoland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2003
      Hello,

      I have an assignment to paint a design on stretch vinyl fabric. The
      design has sharp edges and includes a lot of very smooth shading from one color to
      another, sort of the kind of effect you would get by airbrushing over a
      stencil. And there is some overlap of "stencil shapes". My first question is what
      kind of paint to use. The fabric will be stretching, at least a little. The
      particular look that I am aiming for would involve a lot of very small stencil
      cuts, so I'm not sure that making stencils makes sense. Making screens as if it
      was going to be screen printed is one option. And then using the screens like
      stencils for careful painting. All suggestions welcome.

      Donna Carty