moulin rouge can can dresses fabrics used etc where to get a movie one

  • davidathome59
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2003
      hello every one, david barber calling from portsmouth right on the
      south coast of the uk. my favourite costume has to be the fabulous
      can can dresses from the moulin rouge movie. sadly i missed the
      exhibition in sydney, but i did see 2 of them on show in planet
      hollywoods window in london u k. 7 i know have gone in auction at
      the film premire, but 30 were made for the film. i have been after
      one to buy from the film, i have serched on the net everywhere. i
      admit it is 2 years ago, possibly every gown has gone to the lucky few
      fans and collectors. but if anyone knows where i can go, or knows of
      some availble still, be most greatful. anyone who has seen the can
      can costumes at first hand, and was allowed to touch one, or even
      worked on them at fox, love to know the fabrics used. i do have some
      souvoniers, the taffeta scraps off the bolts from fox studios costume
      work rooms for the petticoats and skirts. best wishes david
      barber.