Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Google Eyes

  • Sarah P
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2000
      Like I said in my earlier message: if ping-pong balls are too small, go
      with as large a size whiffle-ball as you can find that doesn't have holes
      except on one side and cut as close to the beginning of the row of holes as
      possible to retain as much "eye" as you can. Then there's always
      Thermoplastic. Form it over something spherical that can take a lot of
      heat--like a ball of clay, like what potters use for making clay pots. A
      bag of potter's clay, some Thermoplastic, and a heat-gun, heavy-weight
      fishing line, black and white paint et voila! Friendly Plastic would work
      too, only with hot water instead of heat-gun. But where can you find
      Friendly Plastic in good-sized sheets? I'm looking for Friendly Plastic,
      but can't find it anywhere nearby. I've heard that a company by the name of
      "Unnatural Resources", or something like that, sells Thermoplastic and other
      plastics and unusual materials. Might look there.

      ----Raven

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Liz Martin
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2000
        How about the clear semi-round ball things that come in the big gumball
        machines that hold spiders, stickers, plastic junk jewelry and the like.
        Those you could even make in to googly eyes by putting a piece of heavy paper
        about 2/3 of the way in the circle and dropping in a black disc. Ialso think
        that eyes that are the size of baseballs might be a little out of proportion,
        unless the human under them is very large & tall! Good luck.