Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Has anyone made a quickchange lycra Superman costume?

  • Sylvia
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
      I've put zippers in lycra unitards with no problems. And if the garment is
      tight enough, as it should be for Superman, I don't see why it would
      wrinkle.

      Sylrog

      From: "dbcreative56" <dbcreative56@...>
      Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:14:26 -0000
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Has anyone made a quickchange lycra
      Superman costume?

      Hi everyone,
      I'm about to make a copy of the traditional Superman costume (as worn
      by Christopher Reeve).
      Normally I would make this in two parts: a upper body leotard that
      fastens under the crotch to keep the top section smooth, then a pair
      of matching tights with elastic in the waist. I would hide the join
      between the two sections by the little red trunks that Superman wears
      over the top.
      HOWEVER....this has to be a quick change, so I'm considering putting
      a heavy duty zip down the back, and maybe cutting the whole thing as
      one garment, sort of like a full body leotard.
      I'm nervous about two things. Firstly, is putting a zip into lycra a
      total nightmare....and secondly, do you think the garment would sit
      well if it's all cut as one, or will it wrinkle up and look terrible?
      any help or suggestions greatly welcomed!!!
      many thanks
      Dave

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .